Monday, January 23, 2012

The SOL Man at Paris Lingerie Show

Today, my wonderful brother-in-law and SOL Operations Director speaks up about his first trip to the amazing Paris Lingerie Show... take it away, SOL Man!
xoxo, Cindy

My first visit to the Salon International de la Lingerie (four football fields of every mans dream, beautiful women in lingerie) actually started in Ghent, Belgium. It is home to Van de Velde, the manufacturers of Prima Donna and Marie Jo.

As you can see, it is a place right out of the Middle Ages!


My hosts cold not have been more gracious. I have really been treated like royalty - from extraordinary meals with Belgian beer to introductions to many of our Canadian colleagues and tours of the city. But the most important tour I took was of the Van de Velde distribution center. As SOL's Operations Director, I now fully understand the level of detail and expertise that goes into EVERY product they make. It's actually hard to fathom how they can design, create and deliver such quality lingerie for $150 or less! I can assure you that my time with them means that your bras will get to you even more quickly now.

My dreams come true.
I am jaded - everyday, I am surrounded by beautiful lingerie and beautiful women. You would think that I wouldn't blink an eye at seeing a show like this...but this just upped the ante by 1000! Imagine four or five football fields covered with gorgeous lingerie AND stunning lingerie models. 



As an example, here are two of the personable and lovely models from Marie Jo. Which bra do you like better? Go to our Facebook page and tell us which you'd want to see at SOL...and in your lingerie drawer.

Man, I love this job.
You can see I'm perfectly at home here at Salon International de la Lingerie. I'm headed out now to enjoy a delicious meal at Restaurant Maison Blanche with Cindy, Jeanie and Inge Van Hecke, the North American Sales Manager of Marie Jo and Prima Donna.

Today we had the opportunity to review all of Fall/Winter 2012.   Now I know all the items that I will be getting over to the floor for you.  It was also great to see where Cindy gets some of her creative inspiration for our ad campaigns.  I can't wait to see what Cindy is plotting for the next one.


Until then, head over to Facebook where we'll be posting more of what we're seeing here in Paris!


Over and out,
Bruce, the SOL Man