Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 2 in Paris!

Jeanie and I planned a little extra time in to this trip to enjoy the city and revisit some of our favorite places - and I'm so glad we did! 

So after meetings and enjoying the show (which was AWESOME, BTW) today we indulged in one of the best things about Paris...the hammam. Don't know what that is?  I didn't either until a few years ago! It's a version of a Turkish steam bath that has been popular in Western Europe since the 1860s. Paris women know how to take care of their skin, and the hammam is an important ingredient!

Parisians hit the hammam to relax, rejuvenate...and just look beautiful.

My first visit was to a hammam 2006. Jeanie, Janelle and I were here and we set off for Montmarte, ready to explore a new neighborhood. We were armed with the best Paris tip ever, courtesy of my amazing mother-in-law. She is a classic beauty, adventurous and generous and always willing to explore. She told us if we did nothing else we simply MUST indulge ourselves with time at a hammam.
One of the spectacular locker rooms. A wee bit nicer than my neighborhood "Y."

We all fell in love with the steam and the gommage - an insane treatment that sloughed off all our dry Denver skin. Mostly, we loved experiencing the beauty of another culture. 

I'm convinced that a few hours at the hammam erases years of stress and is the perfect cure for jet lag. Although I have been capable of spending more than six hours at the hammam in the past, Jeanie and I felt quite grateful to sneak in two hours today. 

And -they even served a delicious cous cous dinner served in a Tagine afterwards.

If you get the chance to visit Paris - take it from me - visit a hammam! Today we were at Hammam Pacha. If Paris isn't in your near future, do what I do and visit David at Rejuv in Wash Park. He knows how to take care of Colorado skin and I always leave feeling beautiful!

Stay tuned for more updates.  In my next blog I reminisce about our past trips to Paris.  Tomorrow's update we'll report from meetings with Le Bourget, Aubade and Andres Sarda. PLUS? If you follow us on Facebook, you'll get to vote and help us choose what we carry from Le Bourget this year. FUN! 

Off to bed! Au revoir!
xoxo, 
Cindy