Thursday, January 26, 2012

More from Paris - Guest post from Jocelyn

Today's post is from Jocelyn, the amazing Buyer at SOL. She's been with us on several Paris trips and she not only makes it more fun to be here, she's a whiz at spotting trends so I love to have her around. She's a trooper, too - she's been battling the flu but still managed to smile and take in everything the show and the city has to offer. Enjoy!
xoxo, Cindy
It is wonderful to be back in Paris!
As soon as I get to Paris, I like to make time for a walk. It is the best way to jump right in and get inspired by this magical city. You get to feel the cobblestone under your feet, see the amazing architecture and smell the aromas coming from the bistros. It also helps keep the jet-lag at bay! My walk led me to Galleries Lafayette where they are having their annual sale (Coincidence? I think not!) I headed straight to the third floor to their huge lingerie department and scooped up two bra and panty sets from Antinea, one of my favorites.

The next morning we are off to Salon International de laLingerie. Each time I arrive at SIL, I am struck by how vast it is. Panties as far as the eye can see! There are brands from all over the world represented at this show. It is so inspiring to see what is new and to imagine how it will fit back in to SOL and be just the right thing for each of you. One of the big trends this year for autumn is patterns – from florals to stripes to polka dots and beyond. (You all are good! We've been asking our Facebook followers what they prefer and patterns have been the overall winner!) Another trend that is everywhere is retro lingerie styling – think 1950s, in a good way. And for color, it is rich jewel-tones as well as subtle nudes.

Our vendor appointments this year were really special because we got to meet some of the people responsible for the designs. At LiseCharmel, we met one of their new designers who showed us several new styles.
I love meeting my lingerie colleagues from around the world.
At Van de Velde, we had the pleasure of meeting the brand managers for both Prima Donna and Marie Jo. They were very interested in hearing what our customers love about the brands, and they wanted to know what could make these brands even better (is that possible?!) We also got to meet two of the designers at Aubade. It was so great to meet the people behind that perfectly fitting bra, that dazzling color combination, and that just right little bow.

Bruce and I exploring my favorite city.
I am inspired. I am ready to come back to SOL and bring a little bit of Paris back to share with you!
-Jocelyn