Friday, August 12, 2011

Behind the All Aboard Campaign - Let's have a Party!


Several years ago we decided to do a new ad campaign every year. I love the freshness it gives to the SOL brand, the change it makes to feel of the store and the creative outlet it provides not only for me, but for all of the SOL Girls!  I came up with "Destination SOL" several years ago, so after our Road Trip campaign, and then our SOL Air campaign, trains seemed the obvious next choice.  

The glam! The glitz! I love it.
What I especially love about the train idea is that train travel was  - and still can be - such a glamorous style of travel. Choosing the 1920’s lent itself perfectly as the era of luxury train travel, but I have to say I also just personally love the style of that era. And in the 1920's, a new kind of woman emerged. She smoke, drank, danced, drove cars and voted. She cut her hair, wore make-up and went to petting parties. She was giddy, spunky and took risks. She was a flapper! Jamie, our dark haired model, conveyed this look perfectly. 


"We don't care if you see our straps!"
Our blonde SOL Girl, Tiffany, is modeled after the glamorous movie stars of the era - Greta Garbo, Louise Brooks, Gloria Swanson and Clara Bow.

"I want to be alone. In a silk caftan from SOL."

The other exciting part of this campaign is that I was finally able to photograph and showcase our loungewear and sleepwear!  Bra fitting will always our focus, but we do have so many lovely items of sleepwear in the store that we haven’t had the opportunity to photograph and show customers.  The 1920’s era lends itself to showing how these beautiful pieces can be worn.  

My very modern sentiment is also that wearing beautiful loungewear (just a like perfect fitting bra) makes a woman feel better about herself and more confidant. The first thing I do when I get home from work is take off my bra (yes, even I do that!) and put on a caftan or silk robe. Not only is it super comfortable, I feel beautiful in it. Sure, I’m just making dinner or tidying up the house, but there's nothing wrong with adding little glamour to every day tasks.
This is exactly how I FEEL when I'm wearing my caftans, even if it is not exactly how I look :)

I’m not saying that the entire fashion world took my idea, BUT, the 1920’s theme is on mark with current fashion trends. Upcoming fashion has hints of 1920’s inspiration and for you movie buffs out there… a remake of the Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio and Carrie Mulligan is being released next year. Start planning your Daisy Buchanan Halloween costume now!

"Leonardo Di-who?
To formally release the new campaign to the world, we're having a Speakeasy launch party! Come meet me and the SOL models, have a little "moonshine" and watch the premiere of our Photo Shoot Behind the Scenes Video. You can shop the new fall styles, too. A portion of the proceeds benefits the Morgan Adams Foundation for Pediatric Oncology Research.

Campaign Launch Party
Wednesday, August 24th
5pm - 8pm
SOL Speakeasy - 248 Detroit

Plus - Everyone who attends gets a SOL luggage tag and is entered to win a $500 SOL Shopping Spree.  It'll be the bee's knees!

Thanks so much to all of you for your support - you make my job So. Much. Fun.

xoxo,
Cindy