Thursday, January 6, 2011

Confession: I'm a matcher.

I can tell you the exact moment I became a matcher. I was 16 years old and was in the natural habitat of the 16 year old girl. The Mall. It was Southglenn Mall and my friends and I wandered into a big department store called Fashion Bar. Suddenly, the clouds parted and angels began to sing...I was in the lingerie department and I saw racks and racks of pretty bras...with MATCHING panties.  Heaven.

From that day forward, I have always purchased the exact matching panty for every bra I own. If they had sold out of the panty but I JUST HAD TO HAVE the bra, I would search out the closest color and style match so I'd have a set. 

Would you leave the house wearing one stilletto and one sneaker? That's how I feel if I'm wearing a panty that doesn't match my bra.  They're made in sets for a reason. They belong together. 

When I'm travelling - especially in New York - I not only wear matching sets, I choose my most beautiful. Why? In case I'm hit by a taxi, of course. Who wants to be embarrassed in front of a cute paramedic? I'd be mortified if I was laying in the florescent lights of an emergency room in a blue bra and red panty. 

When my husband and I were young and backpacking through Europe, I left my matching sets back at home. We were staying in hostels and I was petrified they might get stolen. I remember the first night there, as we got undressed...my husband was shocked! It was the first time he'd ever seen me not matching.

Another favorite European moment is when Jeanie and I were shopping in Paris. As we waited in line at Galleries Lafayette, we couldn't help but notice the woman in front of us. In her mid-60s, she was glamorous and everything you picture a French woman of sophistication to be. What was she buying? Several bras - with a matching panty for each...but not only the panty - she also had the matching garter belt! My hero.


Want to know a secret that will make your whole day better? After you shower in the morning, put on a matching set to do your hair and makeup. You will feel fierce and unstoppable the rest of the day. I do it every morning - and it's a wonderful ritual to remind you that you're beautiful, strong, capable. Sexy.

So. I want YOU to discover the joys of matching! How? SOL is offering a matching panty promotion this month!  If you bought a bra, any bra, from us in 2010, come in and get the matching (in-stock) panty in January for 25% off. Even if you bought a panty with your bra, come get another one for 25% off.  (The discount applies to phone orders too!)

Admit it, you wanna be all matchy-matchy like me!

Love, Cindy