Friday, October 21, 2011

Janelle's European Lingerie Tour - Day Four - Part Two

Well, it's the last day of my European Lingerie Tour. Bittersweet, because while I miss all the SOL Girls back home, I really could stay here in this beautiful place a long time.
You cannot visit Barcelona without seeing some of Antoni Gaudi's buildings. He is the defining architect of the city
The Sagrada Famila Basilica has been under construction for 129 years
Perhaps the most famous of Gaudi's works, it was consecrated by the Pope in 2010, it is set to be complete in 2018. It truly is indescribable and I suggest putting it on your must-see list! 

Barcelona is an very livable city; bike friendly, easy to walk around, mild Mediterranean weather. On our tour through the historic streets, we came across their famous, must-see open air food market called Mercat de la Boqueria.  It is the largest outdoor food market in all of Europe and the sights, sounds and smells of it are unbelievable. I wish I could bring back bags and bags of all the lovely fruits and vegetables I saw. 
September/October is mushroom season in Barcelona! So many kinds!
En route to our goodbye dinner we strolled through Roman ruins from 300 AD.
Can you even imagine the things that have happened here?
We arrived at the stylish Boca Grande where we had yet another incredible meal! we enjoyed a traditional Spanish dish of fish prepared and served in sea salt...extremely tender and delicious!  

That just looks like rice. It's sea salt! So yummy.
Is it really our last night? 
It was a lovely, drawn out dinner where I had the opportunity to catch up with Vicenc, who has been at Andres Sarda for eighteen years. He's been our account rep since 2005. I also met Carlos Mira, the Marketing Director for the company. It's official. Our SOL Man Bruce isn't the only man in the lingerie industry!
Seriously, how cute are they?
We don't wanna go home!
The late night gathering was the perfect ending to a wonderful trip! I want to say thank you to Inge for inviting us and planning such a memorable experience. It is rare to meet and talk to other women who understand bra fitting the way we do. 
I really learned from all of you.  Zee, Savannah, Judy, Eva, Jamie, Marla, Pam, Janet, Viktoria, Colleen, Susan and Kristy…. Thank you for all the laughter!  I’m still amazed at how well we all clicked. Until next time! 

And thank you to all who have followed my adventures. 
xoxo,
Janelle