Friday, October 21, 2011

Janelle's European Lingerie Tour - Day Four, Part One

I cannot believe it's the last day of my trip. Say it isn't so! I could explore here for months and not see everything I want to.

So. Barcelona! So beautiful. We arrived late and scooted off to a late dinner of tapas at El Chiringuito del Vela.  It was the perfect welcome to Barcelona.  The view of the beach and skyline was incredible. The paella...bigger than our heads and divine. 

The beach spread out before us and I made a note to come back here when I could stay and stay. And stay! And I can also whole-heartedly recommend the Hotel Actual a lovely, modern hotel perfectly situated in the historic center on Passeig de GrĂ cias. 

Back to the business of lingerie - Barcelona is the home of Andres Sarda, a Spanish line SOL has been carrying for many years...almost as long as the Daisy Bra line from Marie Jo! The next day was all about discovering more about them.   
A tour of the Andres Sarda design center was like being in a candy store full of lace, gems and embroidery. Nuria Sarda is the designer for the brand and explained the steps she goes through to design her beautiful lingerie and swim wear. (My favorite!)
She was captivating. So inspired and passionate.
She described everything, from choosing fabric for lingerie...or a swimsuit pattern, 

To choosing the lace

To the jeweled accessory!

I'll take them all, please.
All the products are made right there - in the center of beautiful Barcelona!

It's truly a work of art - planned by artisans, made by craftspeople, in one of the most lovely places in the world.


And finally, the finished piece!  Did you notice that this is the same set that the Quality Control person was checking in Schellebelle?  We have come full circle!


It's been a long day. I'm off to take a little siesta (when in Spain do what the Spanish do..) and will report back about our last night later!

xoxo
Janelle