Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Giving Thanks.

So often, the "thanks" part of Thanksgiving gets overlooked. We focus on turkey and gravy and pumpkin pie, football  and gas prices and airports. But it's a day to reflect and be grateful for all we have that makes our lives - not just our tummies - full.

When I list what I'm thankful for, my daughter and husband and sisters immediately come to mind - but then, right after, I am filled with such amazing gratitude for the family that SOL has created. The SOL Girls (and SOL Man) at the store are my family too, and I am blessed that they share the same passion for it that I do.

And, of course, the extended family for which I am so thankful is you. All the beautiful women we are so fortunate to know, the amazing ladies we've met - I get a lump in my throat thinking about it - the experiences over the years have been nothing short of fantastic.

This week, we posted a little note on Facebook - just asking you what YOU were thankful for - and you responded with answers "family and my Daisy bra" or "my kids and Prima Donna."

 It floors me to realize that what we're doing makes such a difference in your lives. And for that I am truly thankful.

The SOL Girls will all take Thursday off to be with loved ones so the store will be closed for the day. And, sure, there'll be gravy and football and pie. But there will also be a warmth in our hearts and a tremendous spirit of gratitude.

The store will open again Friday morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!