Thursday, September 10, 2009

Granny's Panties- How It All Began

Me and my sisters

As my 41st birthday quickly approaches, I reflect upon my love affair with lingerie. People often ask me where my passion from panties comes from, and here it is:

I am the 2nd youngest of 4 sisters, and all of us would get panties from granny each year for Christmas. Every year, I would unwrap my Carter’s panties to find bumble bee prints, while my sister Julie received romantic, feminine little flowers on hers. My panties were big enough, that if I attached a string around my neck, it would make a one piece swimming suit. Julie’s panties were petite bikinis. When I asked my granny why I couldn’t have the petite bikinis, she said, “Sweetie, you have a big bottom. You need more coverage”. After this moment, I vowed that when I could finally buy my own panties, I would buy pretty ones.

Fast forward to around 15 or 16. For all of you local Denver folk, you will know the store Fashion Bar…Well, I walked into the Fashion Bar and saw a rounder of not just beautiful bras, but matching panties, and I swear I heard angels sing! The sales lady approached me and informed me that I would not fit into any of these bras. I just grinned and said, “Watch me make em’ work”. And I did!

From that day forward, I was hooked. I love my matching sets most of all, not to mention a pretty garter belt here and there. Do I feel that they have kept me young at heart? Absolutely. And as I turn 41, I will be wearing a show stopping electric blue Agent Provocateur set to celebrate my special day…Thanks granny!